The author at Faculty Focus takes the most common emails he received from online instructors and incorporates his own 18 years of online teaching experience to highlight the eight most common obstacles and challenges faced by online instructors.
1. Losing power and other related interruptions
2. New to teaching/new to teaching online
3. A severe medical problem strains teaching efforts
4. Aggressive emails and other difficult communication from students
5. Receiving poor student and/or supervisor evaluations
6. Teaching an unfamiliar course or subject
7. Links in course not working/course setup items incorrect
8. Inefficiently managing your time
Elaboration on each bullet point and recommended solutions at Faculty Focus.